Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
A nice fresh salad - grabbed from The Daily Meal. It's portrayed as low carb, but it isn't from what I can tell! Still, it sounds great...
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon
- In a pan, combine the quinoa, salt, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover and simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, add the avocado, mint, and cherry tomatoes. Squeeze the lemon juice onto the salad.
- Toss and serve or refrigerate for later.