Recipe by Ang11002
Got from my PR cookbook.....
Top Review by puppitypup
Loved it! Crab and avocado...the perfect pairing! Angela, this made a delightful luncheon salad. In the spirit of South America, I added a touch of chili powder, cumin and diced jalapeno, and I used the first lime picked from my new drawf lime tree! I couldn't get tomatoes because of the recall, so I served the salad on the halved avocado, which was really pretty. Made for ZWT, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 fully ripened avocados
- 2 medium cut tomatoes, cored and sliced in wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Pick over crabmeat, removing any shell or cartilage.
- In a bowl, combine crabmeat, mayo, juice of 1/2 lemon, onion, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt & pepper. Mix lightly.
- Cut each avocado in half, peel and remove the pit. Cut each half into 6 to 8 wedges, squeezing remaining 1/2 lemon over slices to prevent discoloration.
- Place crabmeat in center of large serving platter. Arrange avocado and tomato wedges alternately around crabmeat.
- Sprinkle wedges lightly with salt.