Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wonderful salad using the fruits of the season.
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 medium pear, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice, sugar, onion, mustard and salt.
- While processing; gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Stir in poppy seeds.
- Transfer to a small pitcher or bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, cheese, cashews, apple, pear and cranberries.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.