Okay, this may look like a lot to do, but it really is not! It goes quick and is worth it. I got this from a veggie magazine and thought it would be a lovely and creative cookie to make around Halloween. Enjoy! 8)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- parchment paper or cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray baking sheet or line it with parchment.
- 3In large bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg.
- 4In separate bowl, sift flour; add ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- 5Add in pumpkin mixture, blending well; add in pumpkin seeds.
- 6Drop small scoops of dough (approx. 1 1/8 inches) on to sheet, approx 2" apart.
- 7With wet fingers, swirl each mixture into wider, flat disk-like shape.
- 8Bake about 8 minutes, until edges begin to brown.
- 9Remove from oven and let cool.
- 10While cooling, make filling. You may use mixer or mix by hand.
- 11Mix sugar, butter, pumpkin, and vanilla. Whip it until spreadable.
- 12With about 1 tablespoon of filling, sandwich cooled cookies together.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Pumpkin-Witches Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.8
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 160.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g