Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This comes from my husband who is from Mexico and we love it!! We eat it with everything. Really easy to make!! Hope you enjoy it!!
- Remove husk from tomatillos and rinse well.
- Remove top stem (may also remove seeds for a milder taste or leave them whole like i do) and rinse.
- Place ingredients in pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from boil and place tomatillos and chiles in a blender (DONT add WATER theres enough water to absorbs to tomatillos during the cooking process).
- Blend until smooth, for a couple min or until desired texture occurs.
- Pour into a container add a little salt and and chopped cilantro if desired!
- May enjoy right away or may be placed in fridge for a couple hours to cool down!
- Eat with tacos, enchilads, eggs, tortillas, chips, etc -- .
So simple and delicious! I used jalapenos - great spicy heat. We enjoyed as part of a salsa trio with chips, and I look forward to using the leftovers on eggs. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '11
What a great salsa! I used jalapeno and it was just right for me. This is so easy to make I'm sure I will make it often. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
I think this might be the first batch of salsa verde I've made that DH didn't request that I make spicier, lol! He also really liked the lack of onion and garlic in this. I really liked how easy this was to toss together. I had made it to serve with carne asada, but I suspect that DH will request that the leftovers be used to make eggs for breakfast in the morning. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2011