Recipe by An Italian Jew, but Irish!
This recipe is the only one my family has ever used, and it will soon be the only one your family uses. It is not ready in a short period of time, so it takes patience. The wait is worth it.
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 cups fresh grated romano cheese
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup sea salt
- 1⁄8 cup fresh ground pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh ground breadcrumbs
- cold water, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients until completely combined. If the mix is dry add cold water. it should be moist, but not wet.
- Have a large quantity of homemade marinara sauce very hot on the stove. Turn the sauce to very low heat. Form mixture into meatballs (size is your choice), and add raw meatballs to sauce (add them gently, as the pan will be crowded.
- Cover and walk away for three hours.
- Return, gently stir, cover, walk away for three more hours.
- Stir, and degrease the top.
- Cover, leave cooking for two more hours.
- Enjoy--you will love these.