Recipe by Richard Allan
Simple but very tasty salad. Can use left over roast beef for this. My wife had it at a hotel when we were on holidays. I made it from memory and it turned out very well.
- 3 cups mixed greens (I use mixed lettuce leaves)
- 6 -8 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 10 pitted black olives
- feta or other crumbly cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 red capsicum, grilled,peeled and sliced
- 500 g of good thick beef steaks (Rump or Fillet)
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients other than the steak in a large bowl.
- Pan fry or grill the steak to taste (I do it medium rare so it is still pink inside) Remove the steak and let it stand for five minutes before slicing thinly.
- Add the steak to the salad in the bowl and mix it in.
- Eat immediately.