Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is one of my Aunt Vera's recipes that has been passed down and is an oft requested dish from my kids because Aunt Vera used to make it for them to have after school. It is simple, quick and delicious. You can serve this hot or at room temperature and it is REALLY good with a dollop of peach ice cream or some Cool Whip.
Top Review by lauralie41
Thank you so much Sherrybeth and Aunt Vera! This is wonderful peach cobbler and so easy to make. I did use canned sliced peaches that I rinsed under cold water because the fresh peaches didnt look very nice. The cobbler gets nice and golden brown around the edges and stays moist and yummy in the middle. We didnt have peach ice cream but that would have been very tasty on top the cobbler. So good! Made and reviewed for PAC 2007.
- 3 cups fresh peaches, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, place the stick of butter and put it in the oven to melt.
- While the butter is melting, mix the Bisquick, milk, sugar and almond extract.
- Once butter has melted, pour the liquid mixture over the butter and place the chunks of peaches on top of the batter.
- Return this to the oven and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.