Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Old Fashioned mac 'n cheese. The Lehman family favorite. A simple recipe that is always a hit at carry ins--especially with the little ones.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 16 ounces egg noodles
Toppings of your choice if you wish
- buttered bread crumbs or French-fried onions
- Boil the noodles in water, just until tender. Don't overdo it or they get mushy. Drain and set noodles aside.
- In a large pot melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Gradually add the milk, constantly stirring. Reduce the heat a little.
- Slowly add in the flour, and keep stirring.
- Cut the Velveeta into small chunks, and add to the sauce mixture, stir until melted; remove from heat.
- Add the noodles to the sauce mixture. Mix until evenly coated.
- Pour into a well greased glass 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 35 to 45 minutes, depending on your preference and your topping choice.
This was very good - I found the recipe when I wanted to make mac and cheese but only had noodles...it was easy and the sauce was just the right consistency - made a very nice dish. -------thanks!