Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe from my husband's aunt and is his absolute favorite. It came from an ancient church recipe that served 100, so the amounts may seem funny. It is sweet and thick. I always take it to church and school functions and it is a hit!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chili beans
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 1⁄4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Brown burger with onion and garlic. Drain fat if needed.
- Mix in all other ingredients and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add more sugar if it tastes off.
- Serve hot with cheddar cheese and corn chips!