Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I actually don't know the origin of these. Maybe they came from my grandmother. So yummy :) You need prepared and baked tart shells beforehand for this.
- 1⁄2 cup creamed butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup broken pecans
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Carnation instant milk
- Gradually blend the brown sugar into the butter.
- Add egg and salt, then beat until mixed well.
- Stir in corn syrup, vanilla, almond extract, and pecans.
- Stir in vinegar and carnation milk.
- Fill tart shells 3/4 full. Bake 15-18 mins at 400 degrees.