Recipe by Shar-on
My aunt is a great cook and this is one of her recipes. We all enjoy her cooking and baking.
Top Review by Chef*Lee
Thank you for this recipe. My grandmother used to make this when I was little. Back when Kraft still made its garlic cheese roll. I tried it with Cheese Whiz and it turned out well. Next time, I am thinking of using Campbell's broccoli cheese soup to see how that works.
- 4 -6 cups broccoli
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup Cheese Whiz
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup crouton
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-stream broccoli for about 5 minutes.
- Saute onions and garlic in butter.
- Add soup, cheese whiz and mushrooms to sauteed onion mixture.
- Put broccoli into a greased casserole dish and pour sauce over it.
- Sprinkle the almonds over this and then sprinkle the croutons on top.
- Bake at 350 degF for 30 minutes.