Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My aunt is a great cook and this is one of her recipes. We all enjoy her cooking and baking.
- 4 -6 cups broccoli
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup Cheese Whiz
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup crouton
- Pre-stream broccoli for about 5 minutes.
- Saute onions and garlic in butter.
- Add soup, cheese whiz and mushrooms to sauteed onion mixture.
- Put broccoli into a greased casserole dish and pour sauce over it.
- Sprinkle the almonds over this and then sprinkle the croutons on top.
- Bake at 350 degF for 30 minutes.
Thank you for this recipe. My grandmother used to make this when I was little. Back when Kraft still made its garlic cheese roll. I tried it with Cheese Whiz and it turned out well. Next time, I am thinking of using Campbell's broccoli cheese soup to see how that works.
This was oh so yummy, made it with fresh frozen broccoli that I had in the freezer (I buy the broccoli it when it is on sale, cook it then flash freeze it) just to have for recipes that call for broccoli, this was delicious, I used about 1 Tbsp fresh garlic, we all are big garlic lovers, instead of the croutons, I used fresh bread crumbs mixed with melted butter, DH and myself loved it, there is just enough leftovers for tomorrows dinner, thank you, and your aunt for a delicious side dish recipe, I will make this again :-)