1/3 Photos of Aunt Ione's Bloody Mary Mix (Canning)
2 hrs 25 mins
1 hr 25 mins
This is an old family recipe. Great when you have lots of tomatoes to can! Very yummy with or without alcohol!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and quartered
- 2 1/2 cups green peppers, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1Cook tomatoes, celery, carrots, onion, green peppers, garlic, bay leaf, and parsley in a large pot until mushy, approximately 30-45 minutes.
- 2Remove the bay leaf.
- 3Working in batches, place the vegetable mixture into a blender and puree.
- 4Using a spatula, press each pureed batch through a fine sieve to remove any extra seeds.
- 5Place back in a large pot and add the sugar, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, salt, and tobasco (1/2 T. tobasco is very mild, so you may wish to add more now or add when mixing your drink).
- 6Heat this to a boil.
- 7Pour into clean quart jars and add prepared lids.
- 8Process in a boiling water canner for 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Ione's Bloody Mary Mix (Canning)
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 556.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g