1/1 Photo of Aunt Fannie's Summer Squash Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Mr. Bill in TN's Note:
Summer Squash Delight.........Colossal Summer Flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash squash, cut in half lengthwise, then in 1/4-inch slices.
- 2Combine with chopped onion and cook in water to barely cover until both are tender.
- 3Drain thoroughly, pressing out excess water with back of spoon.
- 4Mash squash and onion with potato masher.
- 5Mix with half the butter, the cracker crumbs, eggs, sugar, to taste, salt and pepper.
- 6Pour into greased casserole dish.
- 7Pour remaining butter on top and sprinkle with additional cracker crumbs.
- 8Bake at 375F for 45-60 minutes, or until top is golden brown and bubbly.
- 9NOTE: This recipe is from a restaurant in Smyrna, Georgia called Aunt Fannie's Cabin.
- 10Aunt Fannie was a freed slave of an old Georgia family who remained with the family until her death.
- 11The menu at the Cabin represented many of the dishes that Aunt Fannie prepared for the family.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Fannie's Summer Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 564.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g