Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy, yummy eggs and sausage. You can add different ingredients to your taste - or what you have on hand.
- 1⁄2 lb breakfast sausage
- 6 eggs, beaten to blend
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons bell peppers, minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons mushrooms, minced (optional)
- Cook the sausage (a non stick skillet is a good idea), crumble it as it cooks, drain any fat that remains after sausage is cooked ( I blot it with a paper towel). If you want onions, bell pepper and/or mushrooms, add them at this time - stir them and let them brown. Add the beaten eggs to this mixture and stir with a heat-proof spatula until almost solid (cooked). Add the softened cream cheese and stir. The dish will be ready about 2 minutes after the cream cheese has been stirred inches (This will continue to cook from the heat of the pan, for a little while.) Serve with salsa verde or Pace Picante if you want.