- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large aubergines, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- Tabasco sauce or hot sauce, to taste
- 6 medium juicy tomatoes, chopped
- 6 chilies
- 200 g grated cheddar cheese or 200 g feta cheese
- 6 medium pita breads
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and gently fry onions until softened.
- Add aubergine and cook quickly until brown on all sides.
- Add garlic, hot sauce and tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce is reduced and the aubergine is tender.
- Season to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into 6 pittas with the chillies and cheese.