- 2 bunches fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 small onion, sliced into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mint
- 1⁄2 cup coriander
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- lettuce (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice asparagus diagonally into 3 inch lengths.
- Steam, covered until just tender-about 5 minutes.
- Drain, and cool under running water, drain.
- Toss asparagus with onion, mint and coriander.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, blend together oil, lime juice, fish sauce and chili flakes, pour over asparagus mixture, and serve on lettuce lined plates.