Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Need an elegant side dish? This casserole is easy to assemble and very tasty. The water chestnuts add a crunchy texture to the creamy asparagus.
- 2 (15 ounce) canscut asparagus
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- buttered bread crumb
- Place asparagus in bottom of a baking dish.
- Top with water chestnuts and soup.
- Top with buttered bread crumbs and bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 25 minutes.
This asparagus just hit the spot with my ham dinner, Miss Annie! I used steamed fresh asparagus instead of canned and it was simply delicious! Thank you for yet again another delightful side dish!
Where's the button for 10 stars?? The texture and crunch of the water chestnuts really made this casserole something special. I added a half cup of chredded cheddar between the layers of aparagus and water chestnuts. Simply delicious!