Water Chestnut Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Veg-All, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3⁄8 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 (10 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken, may be added
- 12 ounces regular Ritz crackers, from a 16oz box (crushed)
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Saute Onion in 3/4 stick of butter until translucent.
- add all ingredients except topping and mix well.
- Pour mixed ingredients into a large greased casserole.
- Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This didn't work out for me, but I did make changes to the recipe so that might have been the problem. I used frozen Asian blend vegetables with aspargus, chopped turkey, and omitted the butter from the casserole mixture. I also only used 8 oz of crackers and next time would even reduce that by half. The cooking time was way off for frozen veggies. I ended up with a mushy colorless casserole instead of the colorful ingredients I used. Maybe my errors will prevent someone else from disappointment & I do thank you for sharing the recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a 60 year old man living in south Arkansas with my wonderful wife. we've been married almost 35 years and we both love to cook. I became disabled and confined to a power chair in 1990 so I have a lot of time to try new recipes. In our church I'm famous for my melt in your mouth briskets. But nobody grills a porterhouse steak like my sweetie. We are looking for new recipes all the time. When I found RecipeZaar I new I had hit the jackpot. Our favorite restaurant is an all you can eat place called The Old Feed House; <br />Catfish, froglegs,ribs, etc with all the trimmings. Standing room only at times.</p>