1/5 Photos of Asparagus Steamed in a Paper Bag
This is a simple and delicious way to prepare and serve asparagus. Recipe from Tyler's Ultimate, by Tyler Florence.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350° with rack placed in the center position.
- 2Place asparagus in a brown paper bag large enough to hold the asparagus comfortably.
- 3Drizzle with oil to prevent the bag from burning.
- 4Add the lemon slices and bay leaf; season with salt and pepper.
- 5Close the bag by folding it over several times and creasing the folds well to retain the steam in the bag.
- 6Place bag on a baking sheet, and drizzle with more olive oil.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes.
- 8Shake bag a few times before carefully opening; transfer asparagus to platter.
- 9Drizzle with more oil; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Steamed in a Paper Bag
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g