Southern Lady's Note:
Balsamic dressing and cream cheese makes this open-faced sandwich. When you want something a little different......
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs asparagus, medium size, ends snapped and stems peeled
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 green onion, sliced fine
- 1 small baguette, sliced into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (or goat cheese)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped (or 1 T green onion tops)
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
- salt (to taste)
- ground pepper (to taste)
- 6 radishes, sliced thinly (optional)
- 1In a steamer basket over boiling water, steam asparagus for 3-5 minutes or until fork tender, but NOT overcooked.
- 2Rinse immediately under cold water. Set aside until ready to use.
- 3SAUCE: Combine the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic in a small saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons of water. Over medium heat, reduce by half.
- 4Add the green onion. Adjust seasoning.
- 5In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, chives and tarragon. Set aside.
- 6In a toaster oven or under a broiler, toast one side of each of the baguette slices.
- 7Spread each with a small amount of the cream cheese mixture.
- 8Arrange the asparagus, drizzle with vinegarette.
- 9Add desired seasoning of S&P.
- 10Add sliced radishes (optional).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.2
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 881.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 15.8 g