I have recently moved to England’s Asparagus growing capital and I can’t wait for the new season when I can over indulge in this deliciously light risotto
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (250 g) bundles asparagus
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pints chicken or 1 1/2 pints vegetable stock
- 3 shallots or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 9 ounces risotto rice
- 3 1/2 fluid ounces white wine
- 1 few lemon thyme leaves
- 1 ounce butter
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- 1Snap the woody ends off the asparagus about 2cm (1in) up. Place on to a
- 2roasting tray, drizzle with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and roast for 8 minutes until lightly charred.
- 3Heat the stock in a large saucepan and leave on a gentle simmer. In another large pan, preferably with shallow sides, heat the rest of the oil and sauté the shallots and garlic until softened but not coloured.
- 4Stir in the rice. When the rice begins to 'hiss' add the wine and a ladleful of stock, stir well until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- 5Continue adding the liquid at intervals for 15 minutes, then add the asparagus and thyme and mix well.
- 6Cook for a further 3-5 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender but still firm.
- 7Add the last ladleful of stock, the butter and Parmesan.
- 8Season, stir well, add extra Parmesan, a sprinkle of thyme leaves and a grind of black pepper.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Risotto With Lemon Thyme and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.7
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.9 mg
- Sodium 400.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon thyme leaves