Baked Asparagus Spinach Risotto
From Cooking Light, this is a no fail, no work risotto.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups asparagus, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a dutch oven heat oil over medium flame.
- Add onions, saute until softened.
- Add rice, stirring to coat well.
- Stir in spinach, salt, nutmeg, and 2 cups of stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 7 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 c cheese.
- Cover and bake in oven 15 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus and remaining 1/4 c cheese. add 1/2-1 cup of stock if mixture is dry.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I've never eaten risotto before and have always been intimidated at the thought of making it.Plus, most recipes are pretty fattening. This was a breeze to make. I added some chopped mushroom while the onions cooked and used veggie broth. I have to admit, I kind of wish I would have added more cheese, but it was yummy as is. I agree with other reviewers that you could mix up the veggies with great success. Thanks for posting the recipe.Reply
Chia, this recipe was delicious! Although I did make just a few changes to use ingredients I had on hand. I replaced the spinach with collard greens and added 2 minced cloves of garlic to the onion sautee to add to the flavor of the collards. I also replaced the chicken broth with vegetable broth. The flavor was terrific!! We are looking forward to having this recipe again!1Reply
see 32 more