Recipe by Boomette
This is a recipe from the issue of Mai 2006 of Coup de Pouce. This is an healthy dish.
Top Review by PeachyLia
I made this with leftover cooked rice, so my cooking steps were a bit different but the ingredients were the same. The tarragon was a winner for me! Served with a pork chop smothered in mushroom gravy.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry tarragon or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 asparagus, cut in pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a casserole, heat oil at medium heat. Add onion and tarragon, and cook, stirring from time to time, for about 3 minutes or until onion has soften. Add rice and stir.
- Add vegetable stock, water and salt. Reduce to low heat, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add asparagus, cover and keep cooking for about 10 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid has absorbed. Add lemon juice and pepper and stir with a fork.