Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
- 2 lbs asparagus
- boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash asparagus and snap off ends.
- Lay spears in shallow pan and cover with salted boiling water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Drain and turn into 4 buttered ramekins.
- Melt butter and stir in wine.
- Pour over asparagus.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
This was best asparagus!! This recipe is simple, easy to follow, and it turns out perfect.
I used white asparagus and grated Parmesan cheese for this recipe. I have always been a fan of green asparagus but the white turned out to be completely different in texture and taste. It is much more mellow. I cannot think of a better way to compliment the natural flavor than this recipe!
This recipe is very easy to follow. I didn't use any salt, pepper or cheese. It turned out great, delicious and very pretty. Will make again and again (soon). Thanks for sharing!