Recipe by conniecooks
I got this from BBC food, while trying to get inspired for ZWT, Britain/Ireland recipes. The credit goes tp British Asparagus It sounds fabulous. I think I will make it this weekend, as it seems to be a relatively quick dish.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 13 1⁄4 ounces puff pastry, thawed (frozen ready made)
- 1 beaten egg, for brushing
- 8 ounces creme fraiche
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons horseradish (extra strong)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and trim tough ends on asparagus.
- Take pastry from fridge 10 minutes before using.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Unroll Pastry and place on baking sheet.
- With a sharp knife point score a line around the pastry about a half inch from the edge. Do not cut all the way through.
- Lightly prick inside the rectangle with a fork and brush the edges with a little beaten egg.
- Lay the Asparagus in a neat line with all the tips facing the same way, inside the border of the pastry.
- Mix together creme fraiche, egg yolks, chives, horseradish and cream.
- Season with salt & pepper and spread over the the asparagus.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake 30 - 40 minutes in preheated oven or until golden. If it starts to brown too much, turn oven down to 375°F.
- Serve with a tomato, basil, and dark green salad.