Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 slices white bread, trim crust
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cooked, drained, and cut up
- 4 slices American cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- Cut bread slices in half.
- Arrange bread in buttered 8x8 inch dish and sprinkle with onion.
- Place asparagus over bread and onion.
- Top with cheese.
- Beat eggs with salt, pepper and curry.
- Add milk and cream; beat well.
- Pour evenly over bread and asparagus.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
- This will be puffed and brown.