Recipe by dicentra
From All Recipes. This one is for me! I never would have thought of putting cilantro with goat cheese. I made this when I happened to have all of the ingredients on hand. Quick dinner with some fruit. I used plain goat cheese, but the herbed kind would have been even better. Yum!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh fresh cilantro stem, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat, and cook the asparagus, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
- Spread one side of each tortilla with 1/2 the goat cheese. Place 1/2 the asparagus and 1/2 the cilantro on each tortilla, and fold tortillas in half over contents to form quesadillas.
- Brush the outsides of the quesadillas with remaining oil.
- Place the quesadillas in a skillet over medium-low heat, and cook 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Cut in half and garnish with cilantro to serve.