Recipe by CCarlton
This is the creamiest tastiest risotto ever! It's definately not on the light side but it's really good. My friends always beg me to make this dish. I do have to warn you, whatever you make to accompany this dish will probably take second seat ;)
- 1 sweet onion, Diced (Medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups risotto rice
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- white pepper
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 4 1⁄2 cups bouillon
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can sweet corn
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups asiago cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Break Tough bottoms off the aparagus and cut into 3/4 Inch pieces.(I like cutting them diagonally for nicer presentation).
- Heat Stock and hold just at the boiling point.
- Melt 3 Tbls Butter in a good size skillet.
- Add Sweet Onion (vidallia or Mayan) and cook on Med/High heat till onions turn translucent (take care not to brown the butter).
- Add risotto and toss/stir till the risotto is well coated and continue cooking till the rice gets translucent around the edges and maybe even a touch of brown.
- Add the Dry white wine and stir briefly.
- Reduce heat to medium/low and add 1 1/2 Cups of stock. Cook until liquid is absorbed then add another 1 1/2 Cups of stock.
- Once the liquid is absorbed again add 1/2 Cup of stock, Asparagus, and Corn and stir just enough to incorporate the ingredients.
- Add white pepper to taste.
- Once liquid is again absorbed, tase for consistancy. If it is too firm yet, keep adding liquid 1/2 Cup at a time, always waiting till the liquid is absorbed before adding more. Do this until rice is tender but still firm.
- Add 1 cup shredded Asiago Cheese, 4 Tbls Butter, and 1/2 pint of heavy cream and stir till butter is melted and everything is well incorporated.
- Finish by sprinkling the remaining cup of Asiago on top and let it melt.