Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is the creamiest tastiest risotto ever! It's definately not on the light side but it's really good. My friends always beg me to make this dish. I do have to warn you, whatever you make to accompany this dish will probably take second seat ;)
- 1 sweet onion, Diced (Medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups risotto rice
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- white pepper
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 4 1⁄2 cups bouillon
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can sweet corn
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups asiago cheese
- Break Tough bottoms off the aparagus and cut into 3/4 Inch pieces.(I like cutting them diagonally for nicer presentation).
- Heat Stock and hold just at the boiling point.
- Melt 3 Tbls Butter in a good size skillet.
- Add Sweet Onion (vidallia or Mayan) and cook on Med/High heat till onions turn translucent (take care not to brown the butter).
- Add risotto and toss/stir till the risotto is well coated and continue cooking till the rice gets translucent around the edges and maybe even a touch of brown.
- Add the Dry white wine and stir briefly.
- Reduce heat to medium/low and add 1 1/2 Cups of stock. Cook until liquid is absorbed then add another 1 1/2 Cups of stock.
- Once the liquid is absorbed again add 1/2 Cup of stock, Asparagus, and Corn and stir just enough to incorporate the ingredients.
- Add white pepper to taste.
- Once liquid is again absorbed, tase for consistancy. If it is too firm yet, keep adding liquid 1/2 Cup at a time, always waiting till the liquid is absorbed before adding more. Do this until rice is tender but still firm.
- Add 1 cup shredded Asiago Cheese, 4 Tbls Butter, and 1/2 pint of heavy cream and stir till butter is melted and everything is well incorporated.
- Finish by sprinkling the remaining cup of Asiago on top and let it melt.