Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
The combination of fresh asparagus and crunchy, salty cashews is a winner. As a side vegetable it goes well with simple grilled fish, pork, and poultry. Or, I've just sauteed some cubed, boneless chicken breasts to the skillet before adding the asparagus. It's delicious either way.
- 680.38 g asparagus
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh ginger
- 118.29 ml coarsely chopped roasted cashews
- 14.79 ml soy sauce or 14.79 ml nama shoyu
- Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus, and then slice diagonally into 2-3 pieces.
- Heat the oil together in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add the ginger and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the asparagus and stir fry until tender but still a tiny bit crisp, 4-5 minutes. Stir in the cashews and soy sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Yummy! Thanks for this recipe. Yesterday asparagus showed up at the Farmer's Market for the first time this year, and this was the first dish I made with it. I served it with rice, and added veggie chicken chunks, which I cooked in the oils before adding the asparagus. Also, I used 1 tsp dried ginger since I didn't have fresh- I bet fresh really makes this incredible! I bet I'll find out sometime soon.
Asparagus is here in abundance and pretty fair price too. Everyone enjoyed this immensely. Also used this recipe using green beans, this was very good too. Thank you for sharing.
soo good! This was really quick and easy too. It will be great for when I'm in the need for a quick side dish. Thanks!