Recipe by Mama Cee Jay
Delicious, hearty broth which can be used to make Asian flavored soups, noodles, stir fry, etc. I created this broth after a shopping day at the international food markets in our city.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 5 baby bok choy, also called shangai tips, halved
- 2 stalks lemongrass, outer leaves removed, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly wash and prepare vegetables and place into large stockpot.
- Add pepper and salt and cover with cold water.
- Cover pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
- Allow broth to cool before straining and removing cooked vegetables.
- Use broth as desired in other Asian inspired recipes.