Green Lentil and Mixed Vegetable Stir-Fry
photo by Leila C.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups green lentils
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 red onion, cut in 1/8
- 1 (2 ounce) can baby corn
- 1 yellow pepper, cut in strips
- 1 red pepper, cut in strips
- 2 ounces green beans
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
- Put the lentils in a large saucepan with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Drain.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the butter, 1 garlic clove, 1 tablespoon of the oil and the vinegar to the lentils and mix well.
- Melt the remaining butter and oil in a skillet and stir-fry the garlic, onion, corn, peppers and green beans for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the honey and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the lentils and cook for about a minute to heat through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My rating system: (I don't like giving bad reviews, so if I don't like it, I'll just not review it.) <br /><br />5 Stars OMG, this is one of the most amazing things I've ever eaten! I can't stop eating it, and I've eaten myself into a food coma. <br /><br />4 Stars The recipe is wonderful as is. I can't think of a single improvement and I will most likely make it again. <br /><br />3 Stars This needed a little *something*something*. I might make it again, but will add my own improvements if I do. <br /><br />I love to eat! And I love to cook. I tend to take over the kitchen when I get in there. Even the dog knows the command get outta my kitchen! LOL. Cooking for other people and trying new recipes or foods is FUN! I have a small (but growing quickly!!) cookbook collection and one of my favorite things to do is to read recipes and plan meals. Rachael Ray, Horn of the Moon and Moosewood are favorites of mine. <br /><br />We spend a lot of time outdoors camping, hiking and backpacking. Yup. I cook in the woods too! I've made deals with my hiking buddies... If they carry in my food, I'll cook for them. I recently published a backpacking cookbook. Check out the website: http://www.onepanwonders.com <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/AnimatedPRD.gif alt= /> <img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif alt= /></p>