1/1 Photo of Asian Summer Pasta Salad
Yia Yia's Note:
This is an easy light supper or lunch pasta salad. It's simple to add chicken, bacon or shrimp to make it a little heartier if you like. Thanks to Jackie for submitting this to our new church cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cooked spaghetti
- 3/4 cup carrot, julienned
- 3/4 cup zucchini, julienned
- 3/4 cup bell pepper, julienned (red, green, yellow or orange)
- 1/3 cup green onion, and tops chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken or 1/2 cup cooked shrimp or 1/2 cup cooked bacon or 1/2 cup cooked turkey, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (or flakes)
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- coarsely chopped peanuts or cashews
- fresh cilantro
- 1When you cook the spaghetti, break it into thirds or fourths upon dropping it in the boiling water.
- 2Mix cooked and cooled spaghetti and vegetables in a large bowl.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In a small bowl mix the vegetable oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, pepper (or flakes), ginger root and garlic.
- 5Whisk to combine.
- 6Add dressing to pasta and vegetables.
- 7Stir well to combine.
- 8Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour to combine flavors.
- 9Garnish with chopped peanuts or cashews and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Summer Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.1
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.7 mg
- Sodium 524.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g