Ww Chicken Pasta Salad
This is a great summer pasta salad and it has only 8 points for 2 cups. Makes a great leftover lunch dish also. Cooking time does not include chill time.
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄2 cups small seashell macaroni, cooked without salt and oil
- 3 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 1 3⁄4 cups trimmed fresh snow peas
- 1 2⁄3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup red bell pepper, strips
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well.
- Combine vinegar and next 7 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture; toss gentle.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What a tasty easy dinner. I left out the hot sauce and swapped out mushrooms and cherry tomatoes for the bell peppers, and I think you could really switch things up depending on what you like and what is in the house. The sauce was delicious, though I decided it needed a full recipe of sauce even though I cut the rest of the ingredients in half. I tried it as-is for my first helping, but added some shredded parmesan and chopped pecans to my seconds, and liked it a bit more that way.
With the ingredients for this salad already in my kitchen, putting this salad together was so easy! I actually fixed a double batch so that my other half could have some to take to work the next day, & I'd have a bit to eat as well! Thanks for this wonderful pasta salad recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag]
I thoroughly enjoyed this excellent pasta salad for lunch twice last week: a great blend of flavours. The only change I made was to omit the hot sauce and to use slightly less ginger (a personal taste preference). I did, however, conclude that next time I can probably use the amount of ginger specified! I'll be making this often - for lunches and dinners. It's so flavoursome, so satisying and so easy to make! And a lunch that I know I'll really be looking forward to eating! Thanks TeresaS for sharing this super recipe!