1/1 Photo of Asian-Style Cucumber Salad
1 hr 5 mins
Grace Lynn's Note:
These cucumbers are so tasty and addictive. This can be served as a side dish to almost any kind of meat. You can make it to any level of heat as you like. I love the crisp, crunchy, spicy and sweet taste that goes on all at once!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place in a bowl the cubed cucumbers and kosher salt, toss to coat.
- 2Let stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- 3Transfer to colander, rinse lightly under cold running water, drain, and place in a bowl.
- 4Prepare dressing: In a wok or heavy saucepan set over moderate heat, heat sesame oil until hot.
- 5Add the red pepper flakes and cook, stirring 15 seconds.
- 6Add garlic, rice vinegar, and honey and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- 7Turn off heat, add cucumbers and toss to coat.
- 8Transfer to a bowl, let cool and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 9Cucumbers will keep for up to one week.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian-Style Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1166.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g