Indian-Style Cucumber Salad
From Gourmet May 2005. Cook time is time to allow cucumbers to drain. Toasting the cumin really brings out a strong flavor for the salad.
- Ready In:
- 1 (1 lb) seedless cucumber, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 - 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whole-milk plain yogurt
- Toss cucumber with salt in a colander in sink and let drain 30 minutes.
- Pat dry.
- Toast cumin seeds in a dry small heavy skillet over low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and a shade darker, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cool on a cutting board, then crush slightly with a rolling pin.
- Stir cucumber, cumin, and cilantro into yogurt in a bowl.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION