Ranch Style Cucumber Salad
- Ready In:
- 2 whole cucumbers
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup of roasted salted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dry hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- Peel and slice cucumbers, they can be as thick or thin as you like.
- Place cucumbers in bowl and pour vinger over them. Set aside.
- Mix the ranch dressing mix and sour cream together until well blended.
- Add sour cream mixture to cucumbers and mix until all cucumbers are covered. If you would like the sauce a little more thin, you can add a little more vinegar, but remember the longer it sits, the water from the cucmbers will thin the sauce out naturally.
- Mix in sunflower kernels.
- Use green onion to garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made half of the recipe to serve with paninis. I liked the salad & will make it again. Next time though I plan to use the name brand ranch dressing mix. The one I used was from a spice company & I didn't think the ranch flavor carried as strongly as it should have. I did add the green onions and mixed them in. ETA: The sour cream dressing held up well overnight. It wasn't a watery mess the next day. Very nice! Made for Spring '09 Pick A Chef.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY