Asian Cucumber Salad
photo by yogiclarebear
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups julienne-cut English cucumbers (about 1 large)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup bell pepper, strips
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place cucumber in a colander; sprinkle with salt. Toss well. Drain for 20 minutes. Combine cucumber and bell pepper in a medium bowl.
- Combine vinegar, ginger, and oil, stirring with a whisk. Pour over cucumber mixture; toss gently to coat. Stir in crushed red pepper and black pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a bit of health nut, I must admit, but have an incurable sweet-tooth. I spend much of my free time outside, running, yoga-ing, biking, reading, and enjoying music. I love to cook and am always looking for something new, healthy, and gluten free to try.