Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This sounds really good. From Weight Watchers Slim Ways Hearty Meals.
- 2 medium scallions, minced
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, minced pared
- 15 ounces lean pork, ground
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 4 medium bell peppers (green or red halved lengthwise & seeded)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced to garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, minced to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray medium nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat.
- Add scallions, garlic and ginger; cook over high heat, stirring constantly, 15-20 seconds, until fragrant.
- Remove from heat; transfer to medium bowl to cool.
- Add pork, cornstarch, soy sauce and vinegar to cooled scallion mixture; mix thoroughly.
- Stuff each bell pepper half with an equal amount of pork mixture; place, stuffed-side up, into 2-quart shallow casserole.
- Add broth to casserole; bake, loosely covered, 30-35 minutes, until stuffing is cooked through and peppers are tender.
- Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes, until stuffing begins to brown.
- Place 2 pepper halves on each of 4 plates, sprinkle with cilantro and parsley and serve.
- SERVING (2 STUFFED PEPPER HALVES) PROVIDES: 2 Vegetables, 3 Proteins, 10 Optional Calories.
- PER SERVING: 217 Calories, 10 g Total Fat, 3 g Saturated Fat, 68 mg Cholesterol, 240 mg Sodium, 11 g Total Carbohydrate, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 22 g Protein, 49 mg Calcium; 5 points.
even my husband. who does not really care for peppers enjoyed this dish