Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My teenage daughter would live off store bought frozen egg rolls if she could. I hate to think what is actually in those, so I set about making my own, by taking the best ingredients from several different recipes, I created a delicious egg roll, which she can take out the freezer and pop in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes and enjoy, also this way I know what she is eating!! For a quick dipping sauce, I buy Asian duck sauce from the grocery store.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1⁄2 cup coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 4 ounces vermicelli (cooked)
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 lb egg roll wrap
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- oil (for frying)
- Brown the ground turkey in the sesame oil.
- Add the ginger, garlic, bean sprouts and coleslaw mix and cook over med heat until the sprouts become limp (5 minutes).
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the last four) and remove from the heat and let cool.
- On a damp tea towel, place an egg roll wrap and fill with 2 tablespoons of the turkey mix. Roll up as instructed on the back of the egg roll wrap package, using the egg mixed with the water to seal the edges.
- Heat an inch of oil in a skillet on med-high heat.
- Fry the rolls, turning frequently until golden, about 5-7 minutes.
- Can be frozen after allowing to cool.