Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious salad that is a tasty meal in one - Depending on how juicy the oranges are, you may need 2 oranges to yield 1/2 cup of squeezed juice.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1⁄2 cup Baby Spinach, lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, black toasted
- table salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, medium, cooked and peeled
- 2 oranges, peeled, and segmented
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- Bring orange juice to boil in small saucepan over medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to about 1 Tbsp., about 6 minutes. Meanwhile, place spinach in large bowl, and set aside.
- Whisk reduced orange juice, zest, ginger, vinegar, and honey together in small bowl. Whisk in vegetable and sesame oils and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss shrimp, orange segments, and scallions,with 2 tablespoons dressing in bowl and season with salt and pepper. . Toss spinach with remaining dressing and season with salt and pepper. Divide spinach among 4 individual plates and top with shrimp and oranges. Serve.
I made this minus the shrimp as I was serving with an Asian chicken. Loved the flavor in the dressing.