Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Norman Walker says, "I am a big fan of American classics like burgers and pizza, but sometimes you need to push things a little bit and try to come up with something that is a bit different. My wife and I both love Asian food and we love burgers, so one day I got inspired to whip up this recipe. They turned out amazing the first time; you just have to try these. They are so flavorful you can eat them without a bun. I would recommend putting some extra teriyaki sauce on them." Recipe Source: allrecipes.com
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell peppers or 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ground pork, apple, onion, bell pepper, teriyaki sauce, apple cider, ground ginger, bread crumbs, black pepper, and soy sauce together in a mixing bowl until evenly combined; shape into 8 patties. Chill the patties in the freezer for 30 minutes so they are not soft when placed on the grill.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook the burgers on the preheated grill until firm, hot, and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160°F (70°C).