This combination sounds kind of strange, but believe me, it is excellent! My husband went crazy over this, he ate the whole thing by himself. We love spicy food and this really hits the spot when we want a cold salad! Recipe compliments of Gourmet.
- 2 celery ribs
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 firm Asian pears, peeled, cut into 1/4 inch-thick matchsticks
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh hot red chili pepper, to taste
- Peel strings from celery with a Y-shaped vegetable peeler and cut celery into 1/4-inch-thick matchsticks.
- Whisk together lime juice, rice vinegar, and ginger and stir in celery and remaining ingredients with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.