Cheese Ravioli With Grape Tomatoes
I got this from Vegetarian Times magazine. My husband went crazy over this and has requested it on numerous occasions. I highly reccommend using grape tomatoes. I have improvised but it never turned out as well.
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch spinach, rinsed and stemmed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Add ravioli to a pot of boiling water.
- Cook 3-5 minutes or until ravioli floats to the surface.
- Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a oversized skillet on medium heat, add spinach (make sure spinach is completely dry), tomatoes, onion powder, salt and pepper, and saute for about 7 minutes or until spinach and tomatoes wilt.
- Add ravioli to skillet and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Serve hot and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This turned out pretty good! I followed the directions, but I did add about a tablespoon of minced garlic, because to me, it isn't pasta without garlic! I also cut back the ravioli to only 8oz, because that was all I had, and 5 oz seemed a lot for one serving. Glad I did, 5 would have been overkill. I'll make this again, but next time I'll use fresh onions, instead of onion powder. Thanks for a good recipe that let me use the tiny grape tomatoes I had growing wild from last years crop!Reply
I used dried ravioli and amended the sauce recipe slightly. I sautéed onion and garlic in olive oil prior to adding the (halved) grape tomatoes. I let the tomatoes cook down and release some of their juices and added a splash of red wine along with salt and pepper. I added the spinach to this impromptu sauce just long enough to wilt, then stirred in the cooked and drained ravioli. Very simple, flavorful dish topped with fresh grated Parmesan cheese. I might not have been as happy without the addition of the garlic and real onions. My carnivore hubby didn't mind this meatless meal.Reply