This is the perfect dish to change things up a bit, while still using familiar ingredients that can be found almost anywhere.
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 cups broccoli, tops cut into florets, stems peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1 scallion, green part only
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over a medium-heat heat, stirring frequently, until they are golden, about 3 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Three minutes before the pasta is ready add the broccoli to the pasta pot. One minute before it is ready add the snow peas and red peppers to the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Place the almond butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chili-garlic sauce and three tablespoon of boiling water (from the pasta pot) into a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Drain the noodles and vegetables, return them to the pasta pot, add the sauce and toss to coat. Serve garnished with the toasted almonds and scallion greens.