- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled, de-veined
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup double-strength orange spice brewed tea, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a plastic bag, combine tea, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and pepper, to make marinade. Remove 1/2 cup marinade; set aside for dipping sauce. Add shrimp to marinade remaining in plastic bag, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto 8 skewers, dividing evenly. Grill over medium hot coals 4 to 6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and are just firm to the touch, turning once. Season with salt, to taste.
- Meanwhile, prepare dipping sauce by placing reserved 1/2 cup marinade in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Stir in green onions.