Recipe by Lainey6605
This recipe looks good. I haven't tried it yet but wanted to save it to try soon. Recipe is from Woman's Day.
Top Review by Pneuma
This is just superb! The taste is so authentic as if I was eating in China Town. The mixture of soy sauce and rice vinegar really upped this dish and at the same time, I love the grilled taste of the chicken. The shitake dipped in the sauce while eating was awesome too! I used chicken legs for this and surely, this would be a keeper! Thanks for sharing this,Lainey!
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 4 skinless chicken legs
- 4 baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 4 ounces shiitake mushroom caps
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat outdoor grill rack with nonstick spray, heat grill.
- Mix spice powder, sugar and salt in small cup.
- Rub spice mixture over chicken.
- Grill 5 minutes per side over direct heat.
- Move to indirect heat and grill, covered, 15-20 minutes until instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees F, or juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, coat bok choy and mushrooms with nonstick spray.
- Grill over direct heat for 10-15 minutes, turning once.
- Stir soy sauce and rice vinegar in small bowl; spoon over vegetables and chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds.