Recipe by bmcnichol
We love these chicken thighs! Adapted from Taste of Home.
Top Review by Carol in Butler,Pa
OMG!!!!! Made these for dinner tonight. They are so good. I just had to add about a 1/2 cup of water before the end. I wanted to make sure there was enough sauce for the rice.Will be making these again. Thanks for a great recepie.
- 5 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup warm water
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- hot cooked rice
- sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil for 18-20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Combine the next nine ingredients (from warm water to five-spice powder).
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over the chicken and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is tender, turning occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth and gradually stir into skillet.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with rice if desired.
- Garnish with green onions.