Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious summer salad! If you have the time, grilling the chicken adds a nice, smoky flavor. Sometimes I add Chinese chow mein noodles for extra crunch and a small can of Mandarin oranges. A bit of crushed pineapple works well too. This is a recipe where you need to keep tasting and adding more to the dressing as needed to suit your taste. Adapted from Food Network, Paula Deen, Paula's Home Cooking. Hope you enjoy!
- 4 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups bean sprouts
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Combine the chicken, bean sprouts, snow peas, and scallions.
- Make a dressing whisking the oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic,salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Add to the chicken mixture.
- Add the celery and water chestnuts and mix well.
- Serve chilled.
This is an excellent chicken salad. Had lots of flavor and crunch. Will have to try it with the other additions suggested next time I make it. Made for ZWT6 - The No-Nonsense Nibblers
Really nice recipe :) My husband loved it!