Delicious Asian Chicken Salad With Chow Mein Noodles
photo by Krista Roes
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons canned mandarin juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 -4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 small romaine lettuce, torn in pieces (or use a iceberg lettuce, chopped)
- 4 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (shredded or chopped)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 2 cups dry chow mein noodles (can use more or less)
- 1⁄3 cup toasted slivered almonds or 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- canned mandarin oranges (drained, reserve 2 teaspoons juice for the dressing)
- Mix all dressing ingredients until well combined; refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- In a large bowl combine the lettuce with chicken, green onions, dry noodles, carrot and slivered almonds or chopped peanuts; mix to combine.
- Pour on the dressing; toss to combine.
- Top with mandarin orange segments.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! Great for when you want a lighter dinner and don't want to turn on the oven in the summer heat. This was very simple to put together on a busy day, the dressing was made in the morning with the added peanut butter and blended all day. I loved the crunch the chow mein noodles gave it, and the dressing really made the salad! Thanks Kittencal for another great recipe!
My 12 year old son and I loved this. Unfortunately, the rest of my family wasn't in agreement. My 14 year old daughter liked the salad but not the dressing. My husband said it was all right and my two younger boys picked the oranges out the salad. This why I'm giving it only 4 stars. My son and I often have it for lunch especially when there's left over chicken!
see 5 more reviews